There are a number of options when it comes to care at SWAMI Home. As we all know, no two person have the exact same requirements. Thus, we strive to ensure flexibility in our methodology and to provide care and support that puts our residents at the heart of everything we do.
Our occupational therapists work with residents and clients who need specialized assistance to lead independent, productive and satisfying lives due to physical, developmental, social or emotional problems. Occupational therapists use the “occupations” of self-care, work, and play/leisure activities to increase independence, enhance development, and/or prevent disability.
Rehabilitation Therapy Services
- Hand and Upper Limb Therapy
- Activities of Daily Living Re-training
- Advice on the use of orthosis, prosthesis or assistive/ adaptive devices
- Advice on occupational ergonomics
- Home assessments and recommendations on home modification
- Leisure and recreational therapy
- Caregiver training and Patient Education
- Wheelchair and seating assessment
- Community Re-integration Program